Why SMB Group?
We formed SMB Group to fill a gap. The small and medium business (SMB) market is huge and diverse—with about 27 million businesses in the U.S. alone. And SMBs play a pivotal role in driving economic growth, accounting for about 65% of gross domestic production worldwide. Like larger entities, SMBs need technology-based solutions to help improve business productivity, increase revenues and profitability, and drive innovation. But while SMBs arguably provide the most fertile grounds for growth, few market research and analyst firms specialize in helping technology vendors understand and succeed in this highly complex space.
SMB Group is a market research and consulting firm that provides insight and guidance about how and why SMB and mid-market customers discover, evaluate, compare and buy technology-related solutions. We put our 15-plus years of SMB market experience to work for our clients, providing them with the actionable insight and intelligence they need to more successfully target, reach and serve SMB customers.
Our areas of focus include: emerging technologies, business applications, social business, collaboration and productivity applications, cloud solutions, mobility, IT infrastructure management, managed services and channels.
SMB Group Focus Areas
SMB Group focuses exclusively on researching and analyzing the highly fragmented SMB market, which is composed of many smaller, more discrete markets. We customize our approach for each client—assessing where you are in the market today, and the steps you must take to get where you want to be tomorrow.
Our collaborative, pragmatic and actionable research provides you with insight and recommendations you need to capitalize on shifting market requirements and trends, and create successful go-to-market outcomes. We also work closely with your marketing team to help integrate key findings and deliverables into your marketing and media outreach campaigns to boost market awareness and consideration of your offerings.
We use a combination of traditional market and competitive research methodologies as well as social media analysis to help you accomplish your goals. Working one-on-one with you, we select the best approach to help you:
- Identify the best-fit market segments for your solutions.
- Map marketing and channels initiatives to how customers discover, evaluate, compare and buy different types of solutions.
- Align messaging and positioning with customer pain points, requirements and constraints.
- Gain a thought leadership advantage and a competitive edge with deliverables that demonstrate your understanding of the market and the results that customers get using your solutions.
- Assess competitive threats and partnering/acquisition opportunities.
We also publish blogs on a regular basis to highlight the key and emerging trends we see in the SMB community and among the vendors that serve SMB customers.
Our primary focus areas include:
- Business solutions (financials, sales, marketing, analytics, etc.)
- Digital marketing solutions (SEO, SEM, etc.)
- Collaboration and productivity applications
- Cloud computing, software-as-a service (SaaS) and managed services
- IT infrastructure solutions and management services
- Social business strategies and analysis
- Unified communications, VoIP and conferencing solutions
- Mobile solutions
Our clients are primarily vendors, distribution channels and media agencies. We work with large enterprises, niche and startup companies and the venture capital community.